Friday 8 June 2007

A1 Café

W lead us to this place late one night, which lays claim to some famous egg chiffon (a light frothy texture). We were warned though, apparently it’s heart attack food and heard the story of a stressed out consultant who ate this meal for lunch and dinner every day for 2 weeks which lead to his substantial weight gain. It sounded intriguing and addictive.

Presented with my dish it resembled something out of “The Blob” with this egg chiffon engulfing the majority of the plate. I’m not surprised that with my first bite, I could feel my cholesterol increasing. My scenes heightened, I felt happier, it was comfort food. The grease from the egg chiffon, combined with the roast pork and dipped into its accompanying light oyster dipping sauce was proving to be a fatal combination. The fluffiness had me floating for a while, until my heart skipped a beat (just joking :P).

2 / 5 yums!

------

Where? A1 Café, 191 Russell St , Melbourne

What? Average dish $10




Left to Right : Chicken and Egg Chiffon on Rice, BBQ Pork and Egg Chiffon on Rice, Roast Pork (and Extra Beef) Egg Chiffon on Rice, Pork and Egg Hotpot

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails