Wednesday 22 August 2007

Ayam Goreng 99

Have no idea what the 99 means and don’t care. I just salivate profusely at the mere thought of eating at Ayam Goreng 99, home of Kingsford’s famous Indonesian chicken. If you’re not too bothered by your eating surrounds and where good service means getting your meal promptly, this is the place. It’s in their best interest to get it out quick, less drool to mop up later.

Offering most pleasers Indonesian, the crowds come for the meat. Clueless as Alicia Silverstone, whatever they marinade the poultry in it’s gold and a secret worth protecting. Three choices of chicken available: Bakar (grilled), Goreng (Jakata style) and Kalasan (Javanese style). I like the Bakar the best, grilled pieces of breast or thigh still on the bone retain a yellow tinge, it’s has a sweetish soy flavour but other than that, I could not describe to you how good it tastes. What I can tell you is that after my first visit, I wasn’t licking my lips because Zhang Zhi Yi was so gorgeous whilst watching Memoirs of a Geisha… that chicken is intoxicating.

An epiphany… that 99… 99 out of 100? OK that was lame. Just go and try it for yourself.

4 / 5 yums!

------

Where? 464 Anzac Parade, Kingsford, NSW

What? Average Dish - $6



Left to Right : Gado Gado, Bakar Dada (Breast), Grilled Beef

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails