Wednesday 22 August 2007

Citrus Espresso Bar

Newtown, not exactly new but grudgy and up and coming, just the way I like it. My first Sydney experience in 2005 rekindled thoughts of home, of Smith and Brunswick St in Fitzroy, without the densely populated Thai restaurants. This was one of the cafes which initially caught the eye and finally I got to try it.

I think the staff were unimpressed when their breaky was rudely interrupted by two Melbourne bums who wandered in before 9 looking for the same at this well aired cafĂ© along King St. Couldn’t blame them, who in their right mind would be up at that time on a Sunday morning? My yearning for coffee was dispelled when I saw chai on the menu, which I eagerly ordered. Coming out in a soup bowl mug, it’s enormous and good value, perfectly sweet and right amount of cinnamon, though heavy on the ginger. Coffee is fine and goes well with the thickly sliced toasted banana bread. With plenty of options to choose from, a great little place for food all day.

------

Where? 227 King St, Newtown, NSW

What? Average Breaky Dishes $10, Coffees - $3


Left to Right : Chai, Flat White, Banana Bread

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails