Monday 3 August 2009

Pulse Food and Health, Sydney

SHHHHHHHHHHHH. Be varewee varewee quiet. We’re hunting lunch at the arse end of Sydney. There’s not much around Sussex and Market. Despite this being a squirrel’s nut away from Darling Harbour and Cockle Bay Wharf, it’s the area I’d only eat at if I felt like using fifty dollar bills to wipe my ass with.

Up pops up Pulse, a tiny shop more common in Melbourne. The greatest city on Earth. But as the saying goes, you’re green with envy. I mean, good things come in small packages as they do a remixed, mash up of Boost, Grill’d and Sumo Salads.

A specials burger of grilled wagyu beef with caramelised onion, cheese, tomato, lettuce and a shot of aioli all between toasted Turkish suffers from stardom that fails to deliver, sounds better than it tastes, the meat chewy and gristly. Best stick to the Pulse predetermined combos, the Portuguese chicken not Nandos but not bad either because of the freshness about it. Found in another special is a wrap created for real men, packing organic beef, a mushy veggie patty, avocado, a lively Portuguese sauce of a Peri-Peri nature, a spicy relish for more zing, tomato and lettuce rolled into a fresh pita bread. It’s called the Super Wrap, and yes it’s super tasty.

I’m not a fan of walks up hills but I’d do it to get lunch from Pulse. Being back in Melbourne, yeah I am a bit green of my former workmates.


4 / 5 yums!
------
Where? Shop 1, 332 Kent St, Sydney, NSW
What? Under $10



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails