Wednesday 15 July 2009

Liar Liar

My pants would be on fire if I said this Hawthorn café was Pol Pot bad and the place isn’t packed out as if Dior travel packs were 95% off RRP and no strings attached. Thankfully there’s no need for an ABC dry chemical fire extinguisher to save my hairy sticks from 2nd degree burns, as I’ve only got glowing things to say about Liar Liar.

Starting with the colourful smoothies, they would sway even the most fruit resistant. Balance out the good with the bad, and by bad I mean unhealthy in comparison, with a coffee that alone could provide this café with enough survival income. As with other good things that are so bad, the French toast mops up a quality maple syrup that’s garnished with slices of apple and fresh berries. Sliced rhubarb, chopped pistachios, berries and a yoghurt perches on two thick, toasted squares of coconut bread that’s worthy of its signature status. Also in contention are the eggs, scrambled with smoked salmon and herbs or poached with a tangy hollandaise and pea fritters. The choice makes you feel disappointed you had to choose one over the other. Come with a really empty stomach and plans to not eat the following meal and have both.

There’s a lot to like about this place but I’m not willing to wait for something so good. Hmmmm my legs are unusually warm and I’m smelling like burning…


4 / 5 yums!
------
Where? 90 Kinkora Road, Hawthorn, VIC
What? Under $15







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails