Thursday 25 June 2009

Ezard (2008)

Y: My 4th visit to this Melbourne institution came with the heightened expectation of being completely blown away on my previous three visits. Would it live up to expectation or would I be completely let down? All I can say is that this place not only lived up to my expectation but cemented the place as my favourite restaurant ever. Ranked only 26 in the Australian Gourmet Traveller Guide – in my opinion the experience at Ezard surpasses what I have received at VDM and Tetsuya (4th and 3rd respectively). I won’t go through the big flavoured 8 course degustation – but the classics (Oyster Shooter & Duck) and the subtly changing support cast (Seasame Pannacotta with Sashimi, or Blue Swimmer Crab Sandwiched between two pieces of Toro) continue to delight. There were no low points to the restaurant, the service friendly but professional and unpretentious wine service, suggested to meet taste and budget. Ezard continues to go from strength to strength and I hope that it sticks around for another 10 excellent years.


5 / 5 yums!
------
Where? 187 Flinders Ln, Melbourne, VIC







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails